Guild Wars 2 VS Diablo III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild Wars 2 VS Diablo III

Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game in development by ArenaNet. Set in the fantasy world of Tyria, the game follows the re-emergence of Destiny's Edge, a disbanded guild dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, a Lovecraftian species that has seized control of Tyria in the time since the original Guild Wars. The game takes place in a persistent world with a story that progresses in instanced environments.

Guild Wars 2 claims to be unique in the genre by featuring a storyline that is responsive to player actions, something which is common in single player role-playing games but rarely (if ever) seen in multiplayer ones. A dynamic event system replaces traditional questing, utilising the ripple effect to allow players to approach quests in different ways as part of a persistent world. Also of note is the combat system, which aims to be more dynamic than its predecessor by promoting synergy between professions and using the environment as a weapon, as well as reducing the complexity of the Magic-style skill system of the original game. As a sequel to Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 will feature the same lack of subscription fees that distinguished its predecessor from other commercially developed online games of the time, though a purchase is still required to install the game.

Release Date : TBA 2012
    ------------------------

Diablo III is an upcoming dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game in development by Blizzard Entertainment, making it the third installment in the Diablo franchise. The game, which features elements of the hack and slash and dungeon crawl genres, was first announced on June 28, 2008, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France, and is set to be released in North America and Europe on May 15, 2012, and in Latin American countries and Russia on June 7, 2012.

Release Date : May 15 2012
    ==============================
    Guild Wars 2
    59.82%
    Diablo III
    40.18%

Diablo 3 lacks the awesome shaking screen and awesome attacks graphics in my opinion, which GW2 has...? that's my main point tho, because when i play games, i want to feel like each attack is awesome and epic even if it's really weak
    sigpic

Comment

diablo

i would take diablo 3 over any other game because i grew up playing diablo

Comment

I would take Diablo 3 over Guild Wars 2, although I have heard Diablo 3 isn't going to be so great nowadays compared to when Diablo 2 was released.

Comment

Yeah . to all comments above . thanks . GW2 is international . i hope ? Hopefully they're not like Vindictus NA . only for US players .
          as for D3 . It's under PlayPark (AsiaSoft) , i don't think it work nicely though . thanks for clearly these . cause i don't know what should i buy :D

Comment

I prefer GW2 over Diablo III mainly because of how the movement and combat works. I don't really like the whole left click to move sort of thing in Diablo :(
            Just my opinion though.
            http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...s-Vouch-Thread <- Vouches
            http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...-Wall-1-Khaini <- Leeching at LHC Walls 1

Comment

ofcurse diablo..

Comment

D3 > All

Comment

d3 because of blizzard costumer service
                  ;s

Comment

idk how u can even compare gw2 to d3...

thanks Critically!

Comment

thats exactly right, u can't... completely different genres, one is an MMO and one is an action rpg, if u like MMO and seeing MORE THAN 3 PPL at a time, for ex: towns and etc where u mindlessly talk and show off stuffs (i love it too so don't get me wrong) then u go with mmo. if ur more into a solo game and you don't rally care about that stuff, or rather you like to immerse urself in the game more than binding 40 man raids together, then go for D3.. end of story, thats all, u can't compare an apple to an orange, both have their plusses and minuses

Comment

Gw2 cause all my friends are getting it :).
                        http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...s-Vouch-Thread

Comment

Diablo better !

Comment

Nuff said

Comment

I personally love how Guild Wars 2 look right now. I'm not really a fan of the Diablo series, for some reason. The graphics aren't as appealing.

Comment

Working...
                              X