wp super cache digifinex bgogo yobite eobot free wallet app yobit net eobot yobitbu ёбит йобит yobit exchange
Padron150's Tutorial on Safe Selling Practices - GamerSoul - Where Gaming Meets Hacking

Announcement

Collapse

PixelMarket - Safe/Secure Trading & Instant Meso

https://www.pixelmarket.net/
https://meso.pixelmarket.net/
PixelMarket is a new trading platform that allows 100% safe and secure trading for buyers and sellers.

Buyers don't have to worry about their money being gone and sellers running off, because the money is held by PixelMarket until both parties have confirmed that the order is successful.

Seller don't have to worry about charge backs, as PixelMarket covers 100% of charge backs, as long as buyers had confirmed their order. If buyers didn't confirm, sellers just provide proof of a successful transaction and they'll still receive their payment.

We encourage all users to continue posting threads here to advertise what you want to sell or buy, but to conduct the trade itself on PixelMarket. You can also post threads on the newly setup PixelForum at https://pxl.fm/forum

Good luck and trade safe!
See more
See less

Padron150's Tutorial on Safe Selling Practices

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

! Padron150's Tutorial on Safe Selling Practices

I noticed a large influx of scamming recently, so I created this tutorial for SELLERS to avoid being scammed. I would like members of GamerSoul, GamerSoulpolice, and staff to review it and give me feedback. If this is in the wrong section or is unnecessary, let me know and I will delete this. If enough positive feedback is given, I will craft another one for buyers. Thank you and enjoy.

@Kabutoo
    @Multitask
    @zelinium
    @Zyphent
    @Sprite

Padron150’s Tutorial on Safe Selling Practices
    1. Introduction
      My name on GamerSoul is Padron150 and I have been an active member for 7 months. During my time here, I found that I enjoyed reading BlackMarket disputes and wanted to learn more about how to prevent online scamming in Maplestory. I crafted this guide through experience in dealing with my own trades and reading disputes. This tutorial is meant to be used by TRUSTWORTHY SELLERS but many of the same principles can be applied to BUYERS.

2. Safe selling practices:
      There are certain criteria to look for in your buyers and I will go in depth through each of them. While some of this information may seem like common sense, all too often, logic and reasoning is thrown out the window when the temptation of making a quick buck rings at your door.

A. Join Date
      . I have read countless cases where the scammer was someone who joined within a few weeks. These scammers who join recently have nothing to lose on their GamerSoul accounts when they scam—they have no reputation or credibility whatsoever. They simply scam over and over with newly created accounts after an old one is banned. It should seem suspicious that someone who joined recently is willing to put up hundreds of dollars. Along with low post counts and paypal, this can be a tip off whether or not you’re dealing with a scammer. As a rule of thumb, I would not sell to anyone who joined within a month.

B. Post Count
      . Check and see how many post counts your potential buyer has. A higher post count usually indicates an active member of the community with some form of reputation. A low post count, but an early join date may be indicative of someone who comes on intermittently with possibly multiple (scamming) accounts. Also, look to see what kinds of posts they are. Are they helpful or is it just some random emoticon in random spam? Does the buyer seem knowledgeable or is he/she simply gathering some fake credibility? As a rule of thumb, I would not sell to anyone with <50 post counts.

C. Payment method
      . A buyer who insists on using Paypal MAY be indicative of a scammer. Paypal is notoriously buyer-friendly, and buyers can chargeback (refund) their money after a successful trade. Should they chargeback, you will be out of your sold goods without a profit. While you may dispute said chargeback, doing so is not always successful, may take up to a few months, and is sure to create an enormous headache. If you doubt the credibility of your buyer, only accept MoneyPak (another thread by @zelinium will explain this method of payment), NX, Western Union (I do not have much experience with this one), and use an OMM. Do NOT go first as the scammer may simply just log off and block you in chat. Members whom I do not deem trustworthy will never be allowed to use PayPal when trading with me.

D. Vouches
      . A buyer with many vouches is LESS LIKELY to scam. This does not mean they will NOT scam, but it is another indicator of a member who has credibility and a reputation on GamerSoul. However, do not be misled. Look at the vouches and check if they are authentic. Some scammers are clever and make multiple fake accounts to load themselves up with fake vouches. Always make sure that the vouches come from a wide spectrum of previous and credible sellers. A buyer once asked, “How can I obtain vouches if no one wants to trade with me in the first place since I have no vouches!?” Easy. Do a few Moneypak trades and earn your vouches.

BT Users. This is not a good indicator for a scammer but is indicative of someone who has invested money in BT and is therefore less likely to scam. If a BT user does scam, their license is immediately terminated. Still, follow the above indicators, checking their post counts, vouches, and join date as you would a non-user.

F. Communication
      . When dealing with a buyer, make conversation and discuss the trade. Do not try and sell right away. By conversing with the buyer, you can learn what their native language is, how often he/she frequents GamerSoul and how reliable they appear to be. If you have doubts trusting them, avoid selling. There have been many reports that Middleeastern users are more likely to scam. I do not endorse such a statement, but if you are uncomfortable dealing with someone like that, do not do the trade.

3. Trade Suggestions
      When organizing your trade, set a specific time and date both of you can rely upon. Whenever possible, schedule a time when you know an OMM is likely to be on. Thus, if you ever have the slightest doubt that you are dealing with a scammer, you can insist on using an OMM. If the buyer immediately backs out or has a “connection problem,” you may have been dealing with a scammer.

Check the “DO NOT TRADE LIST” and “Disputes” section often. There is no need to monitor these threads, but simply inform yourself if your buyer’s e-mail is there. Do a background check on your buyer by looking at their profile. Other users may have left bad feedback there if they have been scammed.

A staff member can also check your potential buyer’s IP address to that of a banned scammer.

While conducting your trade, make sure to take screen shots frequently during the actual sale. Should a dispute occur whether or not there was a scam, you MUST provide evidence to protect yourself and connect the buyer with the Maplestory IGN with the Gamersoul name before any action can be taken.

**As an extra precaution, request that the buyer send you a personal message (pm) from gamersoul with his e-mail and in-game name (ign). There are a growing number of impostors and fake OMMs because sellers rush and become easily fooled. On your chat program do not add fake OMMs and only refer to the e-mails in the official OMM list as directed in the appropriate Black Market thread. If the OMM refuses/is unable to send you a pm, you're dealing with a scammer.Do NOT accept an e-mail as a confirmation.

4.Conclusion
    Trading online is always risky because you can never truly know who you are dealing with. When you choose to use the Blackmarket, you are acknowledging the risk. You worked hard for your money, so you should be smart when using it as well. Follow my suggestions and look at the seller’s criteria before trading. While my tutorial can not 100% protect you from scams, I would say a good 90% of the most common scams can be avoided by following what I have written. Remember, if at any point you do not trust your buyer, simply do not trade or gather more information and trade at a later date when you are prepared.

Finally, save the paper receipt from all Moneypak card purchases!
    Last edited by padron150; 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM.
    sigpic Check my wall for my vouches or go here: http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...adron150+vouch

Are you a seller on GamerSoul? Read my tutorial on how to avoid getting scammed: http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...ling-Practices

@padron150

Very Nice guide!

I am missing the vital part where you do a back ground check on your sellers GamerSoul name.
    Just search for his name on GamerSoul and you'll get plenty of results, try looking for threads/post that may indiciate that this person has been involved with suspicious activity or has even been accused of such.

This isnt always located in the DO NOT TRADE LIST or Dispute section
    This often isn't the case but it is always worth it to look

Comment

Honestly, once you've read the stickies in the market sections this should be common sense to you. A large amount of people who get scammed are just stupid and careless. Good guide nonetheless though, seeing as how this seems to cover everything (or almost everything) about a safe trade.

Comment

Mostly self explanatory, but people these days are getting more and more dumb, so great guide!

Comment

Great Feedback everyone. Please keep it coming . Positive or negative give me your thoughts!
          sigpic Check my wall for my vouches or go here: http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...adron150+vouch

Are you a seller on GamerSoul? Read my tutorial on how to avoid getting scammed: http://www.gamersoul.com/forums/show...ling-Practices

Comment

Great guide on what sellers look for in buyers thanks!

Comment

I guess some of these can also parallel from the buyers point of view.
              But nice work compiling all this into 1 thread

Comment

It seems pretty complete to me.
                Try making one for buyers too?

Comment

Originally posted by iSnooz View Post
                  It seems pretty complete to me.
                  Try making one for buyers too?
                  I'll make one for buyers if there is enough interest. Any mods or staff care to take a look. Yes, it's lengthy, but the information could benefit new members.

Comment

Shouldn't this be in Black Market ?

Comment

Nice guide. I'll keep this in mind if I ever sell anything.

Comment

Great Guide, i obviously was not following this guideline, since ive been scammed 4 or 5 times out of 6 or 7 trades. +.+ Thanks [MENTION=114587]padron150[/MENTION]

Comment

I'm new here, and this seems wonderful. It's a nice way for me to know everything about safe selling in a minute.

Comment

I feel my tutorial is getting some good reviews from the community. However, no staff members are contributing . I hope at least one of them will review this for me.

Comment

Simple, but not to simple to the point where it doesn't cover everything. I think it covers everything and I see it as a helpful guide to new comers or even old members.

A few points that I don't think you really cleared/I didn't notice are that

1) Be extra careful when selling something worth a large amount
                              and
                              2) Someone might have joined just to get some quick nx, mesos, etc so don't always follow the join date if it's a SMALL purchase (my opinion)

Very well written guide, could use some colour coding or bolding etc though

Comment

Working...
                              X